Monday Night Mixer
Welcome to the webpage dedicated for the Monday Night Mixer! We are glad you are here, and we look forward to seeing you at the Mixer on October 2nd! As in years past, but more this year, we would like to convey the idea that the Monday Night Mixer is an event that can offer enough food for dinner and drinks and ambience for folks to network and unwind.
This year’s Mixer will once again take place at the Discovery Museum, a regional hub for informal science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) learning for all ages. With the entire space rented for our event, there are hands-on galleries and exhibitions to, per their website, “explore a wide variety of ever-changing topics, all designed to inspire curiosity and further investigation.” This will be an extra-special Mixer, as we are excited to be unveiling the newest addition to the Museum - a geothermal-specific interactive exhibit as part of the larger Energy installation! This project was funded in part by GR and numerous generous donors as part of our new Museum Initiative. Even though this event is off-site from the conference, shuttle service is provided for the short trip (just over 2 miles) to/from the Peppermill.
Along with the inherent hands-on learning entertainment provided by the Museum, we are proud to announce the inclusion of live music from a local band by the name of The Reno Swing Set. Your ears will be treated to a variety of acoustic music in the styles of Bluegrass, Dawg Music, Celtic, Gypsy Jazz, Swing Tunes of the 30’s and 40’s, and Western Swing. A perfect balance for networking or getting your groove on if you want to get up close to the band!
It would only be a proper Mixer if there was an abundance of quality food and drink! Rest assured we have wonderful and delicious offerings from local vendors showcasing a wide variety of passed appetizers, a full-tabled antipasti bar, beer and wine and cocktail stations, and various non-alcoholic beverages with most folks’ various dietary needs and desires in mind. We are happy to have Blend Catering, On Tap!, and Imbīb Brewing back again this year running our food and beverage offerings. Check out Blend’s menu below!
- Cured meats + specialty cheeses + olives + nuts + fresh fruit + dried fruits + seasonal jams + crackers + breads
- Kofta kebabs + labneh + dill
- Grilled baby artichoke skewer + lemon thyme aioli (V, GF)
- Watermelon skewer + feta + olive oil + mint (V, GF)
- Mini ancho braised beef taco + white onions + cilantro + queso fresco (GF)
- Korean beef short rib + lettuce cup + kimchee + crushed peanut (GF, DF)
- Crispy buffalo chicken slider + ranch + brioche bun + iceberg lettuce
- Citrus cured Hamachi + crispy rice cake + Asian pear + tobiko + gochujang mayo + cucumber (GF)
- Jerk chicken skewers + grilled pineapple salsa (GF, DF)
GF – Gluten Free | V – Vegetarian | DF – Dairy Free
Did You Know?
- Geothermal Rising will provide roundtrip ground transportation for the Monday Night Mixer. Buses will pick up passengers at the main lobby entrance next to the casino. You must have your 2023 GRC name badge with you.
- Monday Night Mixer participation is included with all full conference registrations. Are you an exhibit only attendee? No problem - stop by the GR Registration Desk to purchase a ticket!
Monday Night Mixer Sponsored by: