Geothermal Rising's Student Committee invites all student participants and young professional advocates, both member and non-member alike, to connect and engage with their geothermal community peers. GR Student activities provide fun, interactive opportunities for you to grow your personal geothermal networking community and make some new friends along the way!
Student Committee Events
Monday, October 2
- GR Student Members Icebreaker | 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM | Ice breaker events are designed to help people get to know each other and create a comfortable atmosphere for interaction. Come join the student committee for an icebreaker to kick off the conference! It is an informal event or opportunity for students to meet the GR student committee and other student members. The Executive Director of Geothermal Rising, Bryant Jones will open the event with a welcome speech, sharing his vision and hopes for the students.This event will be immediately following the opening plenary session in the Tuscany Foyer.
- Resume Building Workshop & Professional Headshots | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM | We are thankful to have Christopher Blue from Ormat’s Human Resources department at the conference to lead us in a resume building workshop! Bring your A-game and best resume for a chance to beef it up before a conference full of networking and career opportunities. Also, be sure to dress up as we will have a professional photographer on site to get that new professional headshot and really make you shine! This event will be held in Tuscany 7-8.
Tuesday, October 3
- GR Mentor-Mentee Meetup | 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM | Have you ever wanted a mentor in the geothermal industry to bounce ideas off of? Ever struggle to find the next move in your career development plan? Well then swing by Sorrento 3 for a coffee break with a pre-selected potential mentor to connect with at the conference and beyond! Mentors have been chosen as some of the most successful professionals in industry and academia, and have graciously donated their time and talents to help the next generation of geothermal professionals. Thank you, mentors!
- Student Trivia Contest | 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM | Grab your team and head to geothermal trivia night! Compete for fun, prizes, and glory. This activity is included with your conference registration. The location is conveniently located near the Exhibit Hall in Tuscany 9, providing participants the opportunity to grab their favourite beverages and snacks en route to the fun!
Wednesday, October 4
- Student Paper Contest Recognition | 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM | We are thrilled to announce the winners of the 2nd GR Student Paper Contest and the winners this year. We received many competitive submissions demonstrating exceptional quality and effort. Throughout the two phases of the competition, participants submitted extended abstracts alongside video recordings of their work. A distinguished panel of geothermal experts evaluated the submissions based on originality and innovation, quality of research and methodology, clarity, coherence, and organisation of ideas, critical thinking and analytical skills, and potential contribution. Winners have been selected for three categories: bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral. Please join us to celebrate the winners and appreciate the judges!
Other Student Activities!
- Daily Trivia Quizzes - Join us for an exciting and educational adventure into the world of geothermal energy with our "Geothermal Energy Trivia Quiz" activity! Whether you're a renewable energy enthusiast, a curious student, or just looking to test your knowledge, this engaging quiz will challenge your understanding of this fascinating and sustainable energy source. This "Geothermal Energy Trivia Quiz" activity is not only a fun way to test your knowledge but also an excellent opportunity to learn more about this sustainable energy source and its role in our world. So, get ready to challenge yourself, expand your horizons, and have a great time exploring the wonders of geothermal energy!. So during the week of the annual Geothermal Rising meeting, questions will be posted on our social networks and you will have the opportunity to answer and win fabulous prizes.
- Student Scavenger Hunt - Come swing by the Student Committee booth outside the exhibit hall to grab a scavenger hunt card and see how many boxes you can scratch off! Activities include attending a technical talk, getting a business card, and more. Prizes will be awarded to students who complete this interactive activity designed to help you take full advantage of the conference!
Be sure to stop by the Student Committee Booth, located in the Tuscany Foyer, to inquire about Student Membership, browse the 2023 GRC Student Committee Swag and much more!
Support the GR Student Committee and get some cool GR swag along the way. The branded silicon cup is a festive, reusable 16-ounce pint cup that is dishwasher safe, field safe and BPA free. Proudly wear the cotton, 2-sided t-shirts, available in size small-xxl, in the field or lounging around the house! Both items are available for preorder now. Purchase your goodies during registration OR you can add them to your exisiting registration. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Student Committee activities and events made possible by the gracious support of our sponsor: